Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pizza #10 Giamarco's

I had been two Giamarco's in Westerville twice before and really liked it.  I was sure that I would have a wonderful cheese pizza here. There were some surprises.



First the decor is very nice.  There are wood floors, vaulted ceilings, red faux painted walls, stained glass windows and draperies.  There was no music at all in the background.

I met Trixie here and as I came in asked the waitress for a bud light.  She brought it and Trixie wondered if she offered me a glass?  No.  We ordered the lunch special - we each ordered a pizza (cheese for me, pepperoni for Trixie) and salad (caesar for me, chopped for trixie) for $10.

Before the salad, our waitress brought out bread and dipping sauce.  I was disappointed that the bread was cold and we were curious about the green dipping sauce.  We knew it had Italian seasoning, but didn't know what the flavors were.   The waitress said  it is "bread sauce" from GFS. 



The salad came next and mine was okay and Trixie's was good with balsamic dressing, however, it is not what we think of as a "chopped salad"  We would call it s a tossed salad with spinach, arugala, green lettuce. 




The pizza was good but not great.  It was plenty cheesy and the cheese tasted good.  There was a thin crust and it got soggy after a while.  There was a sweet taste to the pizza (not as sweet as Planks) but sweet. Trixie said that the pizza looked better than it tasted and she was right.



The biggest surprise of the meal, however, was when we got our bill.  We did separate checks and Trixie did not have a beverage and her bill including tax was $10.17.  She looked at the tipping guide at the bottom of the check and was surprised to notice that 20% of this bill was $3.10.  Hmmmm.



There's a word of warning to me as I often just do what the restaurant suggests.  Very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment