Monday, May 9, 2016

Pizza #15 Amano's

I am writing this three weeks after the occasion of trying the pizza and I fear that my memory is not so good - but I do have a lot of pictures.

I went to lunch with Kim Veatch and she suggested we try Amano''s at  Worthington mall.  And I had no idea that this restaurant existed!  It is behind the mall and I arrived early and looked at the apartments that had balconies  looking down on this restaurant.  A different kind of view, I guess.

Anyway,  she has friends who swear by this pizza and so we tried it.  It was a beautiful April day and we opted to sit outside in the patio area.  It is comfortable and kind of fun.  I thought that this depictuion of Brutus buckeye was particularly noteworthy.



We ordered our cheese pizza and salad and I had a beer.  It all came fairly quickly.  The salad was good but not exceptional.  The pizza was cheesy but the crust was kind of like cardboard.  In my notes I wrote that there was almost too much cheese (is that possible?) and afterward  Kim said she didn't feel great because of that perhaps.



Here is a picture of the inside of the place - they have music in the evening and I am sure it is fun.  It was a good - but not great pizza.



I recommend eating on the patio.  Beer and Pizza outside seems almost healthy!.

No comments:

Post a Comment