Monday, May 9, 2016

Pizza #16 Villa Nova



I had lunch with Gail Taschner this week and she suggested Villa nova on High Street.  I had been to this restaurant before about 12 years ago after church with a crowd.  And I was not impressed at that time.  Now, with my eye for detail I realize what a kitchy gem this restaurant is.  It has very interesting and unique decor.

The first thing you notice when you come in is the vast array of brass teapots hanging all around the room.  I have never seen anything like it.  There were also pictures underneath the teapots and it was a feast for the eyes.  There are carpeted floors, wood tables, a wall of clocks, tiffany lights and it was crowded.   Older people (even older than Gail and I!) seemed to favor this place.



















The service was very good and I ordered my cheese pizza and a diet pop.  Gail came through with the order of Yuengling and we learned that they serve it in frosted mugs that are so cold there is ice on the top of the beer!  She ordered ravioli and also got bread which was good and hot and garlicky.





















She pronounced her ravioli "awesome" and we both like the pizza.  It was flavorful, cheesy, tomatoey with a thin crust.  It was good and above average for sure.




I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who has never been here just for the decor. The service and food are very good and you know that you have had a truly authentic Columbus experience when you come here!




No comments:

Post a Comment