Friday, January 8, 2016

Introduction

Let me begin by explaining my intent in beginning this project.

At the end of 2015 I happened to listen to a podcast describing one woman's quest to find the best hamburger in St Louis Missouri.  She devoted one year to eating TWO hamburgers a week and rating them.  She knew that  - like my  cheese pizza quest - the "best" hamburger is, of course, subjective.  It is all according to your own taste and what you like.  But she did it - rating the various hamburger restaurants   on flavor, price, ambiance, and service of the restaurant. She also weighed herself ahead of time and even checked her cholesteral and then again at the end of the year.  She did not gain any weight as she found that she was more careful in the rest of her eating.  I was impressed and intrigued by all of it.

And so, in the year 2016, I decided to try out tasting and testing pizzas.  But to narrow it down I would stick to cheese pizzas.


  Now I am not by any stretch of the imagination a "foodie" although I like to eat.  I am definitely more gourmand than gourmet. And while I do eat out a lot, I find it is often the same places and the same foods. For example, whenever I go to Bob Evans I get chicken and noodles, Max and Ermas it is the tortilla soup, and O Charley's the wedge salad. So, I am embarking on a plan to try some new places and "mindfully" engage in really noticing the different flavors and textures of various offerings of cheese pizza.

The plan is that I will - mostly with Chuck and anyone who wants to join me - try 50 different restaurants in the Columbus area that specialize in pizza. I prefer to be waited on - so the places that only deliver will be out. And always, beer and pizza really do go well together, so extra points for the places that serve bud light.

I have weighed myself as I am beginning because I am in Weight Watchers - not particularly successful so far, but maybe this pizza project will get me exercising more.  We shall see.

Anyway, I welcome any suggestions from friends about the places we should make sure to  try. .

Margot Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment