Monday, January 18, 2016

Pizza #3 Bruno's

Chuck, Nicole and I went to Bruno's for pizza on Sunday.  Brunos is truly a neighborhood pizza place less than a mile from my house.  We have been there periodically over the years since we have lived here.  There was one time after a week of VBS that was memorable s - two people had sort of a fistfight in the bar and that experience discouraged us from going for a while.

It is a nice restouarant, though -  very cozy with comfortable booths, oilcloth tablecloths, wood paneling and tiffany light fixtures.  .  When Chuck got the menu he was kind of confused by it but helped by the waitress who assured him that everything here tastes good.  And we found that to be true.


I sat opposite Nikki and Chuck and had one problem - I faced the mirror and found myself transfixed by my face in the mirror.  If you look carefully at this picture, you will see me in the mirror behind Chuck and Nicole.



I ordered my cheese pizza at 7:26 and it came at 7:48.  It cost $11 for 11 inches. The pizza was good - hot, cheesy, gooey, and kind of greasy (that is actually a compliment!) It had a pretty big crust around it and I realized  that I really don't like crust that much.  I usually leave much of it on the plate afterwards so that would eliminate this pizza as the BEST in Margot world.  But it was good.







Chuck ordered spaghetti and meatballs and it was also good.  I thought the noodles looked yellow but was informed that was because they were handmade (!)and he said they were delicious.


Always for me, the waitress and the ambiance are important.  We really like our waitress who even checked on the football score for Nikki (the Steelers LOST) even though she doesn't follow football.



 So, it was a good experience, no fights in the bar or the parking lot and a solid B for Bruno's Pissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment