Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pizza #19 Eagles Villa Pizza

Today I called Kacey and Alyse and asked them to find a good pizza place where we could meet.  We came up with this New Albany original and it was a very good experience for us all.
I entered the door off the parking lot. Alyse and Kacey tried this door on the street which has the name of the restaurant.  Unfortunately, it was locked.  Not a good beginning for Alyse.


The restaurant is warm and inviting.  It has brick walls, carpeted floors and wooden tables and booths.  The decorating is full of antiques and souvenirs of the past.  Kacey called it "kitschy" but I would call it "historical."  There were arrowheads, a bow and arrow and even an axe displayed.
I thought it was pretty different having weapons on the wall!

  I liked the yoke that was over the counter where we ordered.  That was a disappointment, because this restaurant fails to meet a basic category for me - I like to be waited on.  We placed our own order and then it was delivered.  I asked the waiter about the decor thinking there would be a really interesting story about the owner, but he didn't know much more than the owner collects "this stuff."

Also, I noticed and like the music in the background.  When I came in they were playing "Killing me softly" and over the time we were there I liked all of the songs.  Chuck did not like the seats because they were too hard for him.

Anyway, I ordered my small cheese pizza, Chuck ordered cole slaw and fries, Kacey ordered a Hawaiian pizza and Alyse got a sub sandwich.  It all was delivered pretty quickly.

 The cheese pizza was declared "very good" by Kacey.  It was very flavorful, cheesy, with a thin crunchy crust.  I liked it as well and ended up eating much more pizza than I should have.  Chuck prefers Kentucky Fried Chicken cole slaw to theirs but we all liked the fries.  Alyse seemed to like her sandwich except she removed the meat.  So it was basically tomatos, bread and cheese.  And Kacey liked her pizza.

The best part of the whole dining experience was - of course - being with my daughter and granddaughter.  Alyse was happy because we let her do this:




Anyway, the bottom line here is - good pizza.  But no beer and again - I do like to be served. 




No comments:

Post a Comment