Monday, June 27, 2016

Pizza # 22 BJs

Audrey and I went out to lunch with Maggie and Audrey suggested B'J's Brewhouse as a great pizza place.  Now I know BJs and have eaten there often and NEVER thought of having pizza there and Audrey loves their pizza in Tuscon - so we gave it a try.
 BJ's is a sports bar that is really contemporary and polished.  There are lots of TV's, art work like the mural on the outside, tables and booths and hard wood floors.



This was my first time going to a restaurant with Maggie without her parents so I had a new appreciation for wait staff when you come with a toddler.  And BJ's did a great job. They found us a high chair for her and quickly gave her a children's menu and crayons.  We texted Marnie to find out what she would like to eat and she said chicken tenders and then Audrey ordered Mac and Cheese. She liked that too.  What impressed me is that the waitress knew to put Maggie's in first.  Kudos!
We just made it through the meal before she got fussy (and then slept in the car on the way back)
I got a special beer which I can't remember the name of - (there is a theme here!) - that was wheat beer and delicious.  Audrey found out there was a special on the IPA and got that.  we both like our beer.  We ordered the lunch special - BJ's one topping mini pizza with a salad.  Audrey got Caesar Salad and I got a wedge and we were both pleased.

She got a pepperoni salad and I got cheese.  It was good - very cheesy with a thick crust that was almost buttery. It was a little salty.  Audrey also like hers but she said the pizza was better in Tuscon.
AND in Tuscon you can get reduced rates on movies at the BJ's restaurants.  Not here.

We were very pleased with this trip.  I thought the pizza was very good and would order it again.  So, now, when I think pizza I might come up with BJ's Brewhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment