Monday, June 20, 2016

Pizza # 20 Dantes

Chuck is the one who recommended Dantes in  in Clintonville.  and so we decided to have a pizza night tonight.  He had been here once before and I had never tried it.  It is a very unassuming restaurant on the outside - in fact at first we thought it was closed! 
As we came in we were directed to the small dining room.  I counted 11 tables that were pretty close together.  It is carpeted with brick walls and brown siding.  The tables are formica and Chuck thought the chairs were comfortable.  I noticed that most of the "pictures" on the wall were beer ads.  There was no music in the background. It had a distinct neighborhood vibe with very friendly and accomodating waitstaff.  But really - you don't come here for the ambiance.


 This was the most interesting decor - an anheiser busch lamp!


We ordered a 12 inch pizza - half cheese and half green pepper and ham and a bud light. And we split a side salad that they graciously put into two salad bowls.  The salad - even though mostly iceberg lettuce - was delicious!
The pizza came in exactly 20 minutes and it was wonderful.  The cheese  was gooey, stringy and delicious.  The crust was thin and still flavorful.  It was a classic pizza and I really enjoyed it.  Chuck said he would definitely put it in his top 5.

I ate more than I intended - it was really good!



When it was time to pay, I was surprised to find out that they do not take credit cards but only checks and cash.  They would wait if we had to go to an ATM/  I was grateful that I happened to have cash with me - but often I don't so that could have been problemmatic.

So, it was a great pizza in a place that was an ordinary neighborhood joint.  BUT plan ahead and bring cash or check!


No comments:

Post a Comment